A standing committee operates from year-to-year and is designated specific tasks at the direction of the board. They generally have a full agenda of activities that extend from year-to-year.
Typically, standing committees include:
– Finance – which prepares the budgets and advises the board
on special assessments and capital expenditures
– Maintenance – which reviews contract specifications,
screens contractor bids, acts as a liaison between the
contractor(s) and the board, etc.
– Building and Grounds – which walks the property
periodically and prepares punch lists of maintenance items
and works with the landscaper and snow removal contractors
– Judiciary – which hears the rule infraction complaints and
conducts informal hearings
– Social – which plans social events when appropriate
– Newsletter – which prepares periodic communications with